Feb 6, 2012

Valentine's Day decor, part two


Hey all, and happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend. Mine ended on a sad note because a certain team couldn't manage to win a certain game...but let's not talk about it! :)

On Friday I showed you my Valentine's Day vignette on the floating shelves in the living room.

I also gave our gallery wall in our kitchen a little V-day love. I think my favorite part about a gallery wall is that you can change it on a whim and give it a new look in just a few minutes.

The hubs walked by afterward and slowed down to look at it. "This thing is always like a surprise to me," he said. Love it! :)


To bring some love to this wall, I added wedding photos of our parents and this one of my great-grandparents. I love it next to the black-and-white photo of us.



My in-laws. And I added a photo of the Eiffel Tower, because what's more romantic than Paris?


My parents on the left and a photo of us from our engagement shoot, each matted with some cardstock.

I also added these love quotations that I printed out for our wedding, but never used. Of course I kept them just in case I'd want to use them for something else...and look, I did!


I framed some of those cutie crocheted hearts I showed you last week on some cardstock.





This big puffy LOVE is from Target last year. You might recognize it from last year's vignette on the floating shelves. I love reusing items, especially holiday-themed ones, so I don't have to keep buying decor items that only get put out for a couple weeks out of the year.


What's this, another LOVE sign? Yep! I made it using a piece of oak, some stain, painters' tape and white paint. I'll show you more on it later. I still gotta paint that edge white, but I was too excited about it not to get it up and show you.



A couple more photos!





1 comment:

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

So cute! I love your hand painted LOVE sign! Great work. xoxo